So today was basically the same thing as the day before: no weigh in, just pancakes. That’s a pretty good trade off if you ask me. 😛
Also, no cardio again but had a decent back/bi workout:
- 5 min warm up (walking on treadmill, 3.2 speed, 10 incline)
- Cable rows (12 reps, 3-5 sets.. can’t remember because some of them were warm up sets)
- Dumbbell curls (20 reps, 3 sets)
- Underhand cable pulldowns (12-15 reps, 3 sets)
- Hammer curls (20 reps, 3 sets)
- Wide grip pulldowns behind the neck (12 reps, 3 sets)
- Concentration curls (20 reps, 3 sets)
- Wide grip lat pulldowns (12 reps, 3 sets)
- Concentration curls again (20 reps, 3 sets)
- Dumbbell Incline rows (12 reps, 3 sets)
- Push-ups (10 reps, 3 sets)
- Hyperextensions (20 reps) except I didn’t use a weight
All of these pictures are from bodybuilding.com. I figured it was better than just listing off a bunch of exercises for people who may not know what they all are yet. This website really helped me when I was first starting out. I would plan my workouts before hand by picking exercises from this website and while I was in the gym I would be pulling them up and watching the videos to make sure I was doing them right- really helped me learn a lot and correct my form.
Also, I definitely would not recommend doing bicep exercises in between back exercises like we did. Since biceps are a secondary muscle, while working back it actually made the back exercises harder. Normally we would not do it this way but we were in a rush so we just decided to superset everything.
Lunch was my boyfriends tuna salad concoction again in a fiber-packed whole wheat tortilla with a side salad.
And dinner was some delicious pan cooked chicken with a side of steamed green beans!
And to finish off my night I had a Pure Protein chocolate chip protein bar! I must give myself props because I have been hitting my macros pretty perfectly every day- when over the past year some days I would and some days I’d end up going WAY over. Which is fine- if one day you are super hungry I believe in listening to your body and giving it some more food, probably just means you had a great workout. Just don’t make it an every day thing. For me I think what i’m eating now is fine because my workouts aren’t as intense as they usually are. Like I mentioned I’ve been working out in my little apartment gym and making due with what I have- but in the next week or two I should be in a real gym and my workouts should be coming way up! Pumped.
Have an awesome day!